Here are 5 things Superintendent, Dr. Mark Gotcher wants you to know for the beginning of the week of April 13-
1. Our meal distribution will now only operate on Tuesdays and Fridays for both drive thru's at schools and bus deliveries.
*Each school will serve a hot breakfast and lunch, but at 10:30 a.m. only.
*Buses will continue to deliver on their routes beginning at 9:30 a.m.
On Tuesdays three days worth of meals will be distributed, and Fridays will have two days worth of meals distributed.
2. Kindergarten and Pre-K registration packets were available at the schools today in an outside location to encourage the practice of social distancing.
May 1 is the deadline to turn in the packets, but the sooner the better! Please don't wait!
***Students must register in the zone they currently live!
*Mrs. Renae Bailey Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent is a great resource to answer questions families may have, if you are unsure of a question please contact her at the central office between the hours of 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., 968-1306.
3. Mental Health check in with our students, and their families is becoming a very real need as the crisis continues.
If you know someone who would benefit from talking to one of our trusted faculty, please send them to the Office of Special Services or have them fill out an online form for future assistance:
Director of Special Services, Brittany Turner is awesome. We are working together to try and make more and more resources available to our RSD community including the recent webinars offered.
4. School zones and school choice information is available at central office for pick up, but for any questions or further clarity please call the Office of the Superintendent and ask to speak to Mrs. Renae Bailey.
5. Dr. Gotcher has encouraged us to establish routine during this transitional phase of our lives. Routine and structure are good, they don't have to be regimented or overly detailed to prove beneficial.
*Get plenty of rest, stay active with both your body and your mind, start establishing a new priority of reading, and take care of yourselves and your families! Try to make the most of this time we have been given.
This is just a season.... :)We will get through this together.