Superintendent's COVID-19 Friday Update
From the Superintendent's Office: Friday, September 4, 2020 COVID-19 Update
Dr. Gotcher will provide weekly updates of the number of active positive cases and those quarantined among RSD students and staff.
This information will be posted on our website under 'Back to School.'
As of this email on September 4th we have:
- 25 active positive cases (12 last week) among students and staff.
- 23 staff are quarantined (18 last week).
- 192 students are quarantined (55 last week)
- A total of 240 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week (85 last week).
How does this compare to all of the residents within our school district?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data on August 31st there were:
- 1,233 (1,038 last week) cumulative positive cases in Russellville community (2.97% of community).
- 112 active cases as of August 31st (85 last week).
RSD Administration hopes to encourage all of our families to be as careful as possible when at school and in public.
We ALL STILL need to continue to be extremely diligent in wearing our face coverings (when 6 feet of physical distancing cannot be achieved), frequent hand-washing, and social distancing, when possible. Please encourage your students to wear face coverings consistently at all sporting events.
For more information on COVID-19 visit: https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/covid-19-reports