Superintendent Dr. Mark Gotcher's Friday
COVID-19 Update for November 13, 2020
As of this communication on November 13th we have:
- 24 active positive cases (12 last week) among students (14) and staff (10).
- 19 staff members are quarantined (18 last week).
- 114 students are quarantined (94 last week) This is a 21% increase from last week.
- A total of 157 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week.
- Our total cumulative positive cases among staff and students are 139 out of 6,025 students and staff. This is 2.3% of our district who have tested positive since the outbreak.
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data as of
November 9th there were:
- 2,028 cumulative positive cases in the Russellville community (5% of community).
- 151 new cases (133 last week).
Today, the Governor reported the state's single highest number of positive cases at 2,312.
This continues to bring me great concern, yet I am pleased that our district and community numbers remain relatively low compared to other regions in our state.
Please keep doing your part to keep everyone around you as safe as possible.