Superintendent Gotcher's Friday COVID-19 report for November 6, 2020:
As of this communication on November 6th we have:
- 12 active positive cases (9 last week) among students (8) and staff (4).
- 18 staff members were quarantined (14 last week).
- 94 students were quarantined (51 last week) This is a 46% increase from last week.
- A total of 124 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week.
- Our total cumulative positive cases among staff and students are 126 out of 6,025 students and staff. This is 2% of our district who have tested positive since the outbreak.
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data as of November 2nd there were:
- 1,931 cumulative positive cases in the Russellville community (5% of community).
- 133 new cases (168 last week).
Today, the Governor reported the state's single highest number of positive cases just under 1,900. While this brings great concern to me, I am pleased that our district and community numbers remain relatively low compared to other regions in our state. Please keep doing your best to keep everyone around you safe and please enjoy your weekend!