Superintendent of Russellville Schools COVID-19 Friday Update for 02.26.21
We are pleased to report the best numbers we have seen in several months. With the number of folks receiving vaccinations and the continued adherence to social distancing, handwashing, and the wearing of face coverings, we all are to be commended for this great report.
As of this communication on February 26th we have:
- 10 active positive cases among students (4) and staff (6). (20 last report)
- 3 staff members are quarantined. (5 last report)
- 33 students are quarantined. (89 last report)
- A total of 46 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week. (114 last report)
- I will not be able to report to you the total number of cases because we didn't make the state report for the first time since the Department of Health began reporting school cases. The Department of Health only reports school districts that have more than 5 student cases. We have only 4 as I stated earlier.
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data as of February 8th, there were: NO NEW REPORT AVAILABLE SINCE FEB 8th
- 4,869 cumulative positive cases in the Russellville community (12% of the community).
- 173 new cases in the Russellville community (249 last report)
We will continue to monitor our cases and provide any updates from the Department of Health and the Department of Education. Let's keep doing our part!
Hopefully, we will be able to report to you in the near future when we will be able to lift some of our restrictions as the numbers continue to decline. Thank you!
We are all Achieving Excellence Together,
Dr. Mark Gotcher