Superintendent's Friday COVID-19 Report for January 29, 2021
I am pleased to report some good news with respect to our current case numbers. We continue to see a decline in our number of positive cases and the total number of quarantines among staff and students.
As of this communication on January 29th we have:
- 37 active positive cases among students (30) and staff (7). (44 last week)
- 24 staff members are quarantined. (21 last week)
- 209 students are quarantined. (250 last week)
- A total of 270 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week. (315 last week)
- Our total cumulative positive cases among staff and students are 468 out of approximately 6,000 students and staff. This is now 7.8% of our district who have tested positive since the outbreak.
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data as of January 25th there were:
- 4,622 cumulative positive cases in the Russellville community (11% of community).
- 295 new cases in the Russellville community (413 last week)
We will continue to monitor our cases and provide any updates from the Department of Health and the Department of Education.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in this difficult season. We are doing our best to make the best decisions for our students and families.
We are all Achieving Excellence Together,